It’s hard to believe summer camps are already being planned for the end of the school year, but it’s true!
Our region offers an incredible number of camps, and some of them fill up fast. We’re going to share the information with you as quickly as we can get it, so here’s the first we know of for this year. Please feel free to email us at email@example.com or message us on Facebook at this link.
Here’s what we have so far:
Amelia Community Theatre Summer Camp / Fernandina Beach
- What: Musical theatre camp hosted by the pros at Amelia Community Theatre. This year’s theme is Aladdin Jr.
- When: July 13-25
- Where: Amelia Community Theatre, 209 Cedar Street, Fernandina Beach, FL
- Registration: Opens April 1, and it fills up fast
- Details to come. Watch their website at this link and the Facebook event page for updates.
Kinderstudios School for the Performing Arts / Fernandina Beach
- What: Themed camps that incorporate Art(Drawing/Painting/Set Design), Song & Dance (Choreographed moves & songs) and Theater (Drama Games/Acting out scenes).
- Where: Kinderstudios, 1897 Island Walkway #4, Fernandina Beach, FL
- Who: Open to ages 4-12
- When: 9 a.m.-3 p.m. for each 5-day camp. Dates of camps range from June 29 to July 24.
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org / (904) 624-7240 or visit http://kinderstudios.com/camps.htm
- Cost: $155 per-week or $520 for all four weeks (a savings of $100). Siblings get 20% off.
- Register by May 31
St. Augustine Alligator Farm and Zoological Park / St. Augustine
- What: Fun, educational activities centered around learning about animals and nature at St. Augustine Alligator Farm and Zoological Park.
- Who: Kids going into grades 1-6
- When: 4-hour, 5-day camps offered June 1-Aug. 7. See exact dates below for the theme you’re interested in.
- Where: St. Augustine Alligator Farm and Zoological Park, 999 Anastasia Blvd., St. Augustine, FL
- Cost: $140 / week
- For more information: alligatorfarm.com/summer_camp.html
- Option include:
- Jeepers Keepers
- June 15 – 19, 8am to Noon, Entering Grade 1 thru Grade 6
- July 13 – 17, Noon to 4pm, Entering Grade 3 thru Grade 6
Have you ever wondered what it takes to be a zookeeper? Try your hand at this interesting career by making animal enrichments, learning about veterinary care and feeding some of our residents.
- Globe Trotters
- June 1 – 19, Noon to 4pm, Entering Grade 3 thru Grade 6
- July 13 – 17, 8am to Noon, Entering Grade 1 thru Grade 6
Come take a trip as we visit far away lands! Each day we will “visit” different places and discover the animal friends that live there. From the deserts to the oceans, we’ll see it all!
- Crocodile Rock
- June 22 – 26, 8am to Noon, Entering Grade 1 thru Grade 6
- July 20 – 24, Noon to 4pm, Entering Grade 3 thru Grade 6
Come have a rockin’ good time as we examine the many species of crocodiles found around the world. From fact to fiction, we’ll discover the truth about these legendary animals.
- June 22 – 26, Noon to 4pm, Entering Grade 3 thru Grade 6
- July 20 – 24, 8am to Noon, Entering Grade 1 thru Grade 6
Become ZSIs (Zoo Scene Investi-Gators) and help solve some unique wildlife mysteries. Enjoy hunting for clues, processing “crime scenes” and interviewing suspects in this super sleuth camp.
- Bizarre Beasties
- June 29 – July 3, 8am to Noon, Entering Grade 1 thru Grade 6
- July 27 – July 31, Noon to 4pm, Entering Grade 3 thru Grade 6
While some animals display elegance, others seem awkward or strange. Discover the oddballs of the animal world and find out how their strange ways help them survive.
- June 29 – July 3, Noon to 4pm, Entering Grade 3 thru Grade 6
- July 27 – July 31, 8am to Noon, Entering Grade 1 thru Grade 6
Are snakes slimy? Can a snake hear? Does a snake have bones? Have your curiosity satisfied as we celebrate these often misunderstood creatures.
- Ickyology II
- July 6 – 10, 8am to Noon, Entering Grade 1 thru Grade 6
- August 3 – 7, Noon to 4pm, Entering Grade 3 thru Grade 6
Back by popular demand, this camp will enjoy the even “yuckier” side of science. From more stinky to more slimy, this camp is even MORE GROSS!
- Zooper Heroes
- July 6 – 10, Noon to 4pm, Entering Grade 3 thru Grade 6
- August 3 – 7, 8am to Noon, Entering Grade 1 thru Grade 6
Is it a bird? Is a plane? No, it’s a Zooper Hero! This week will explore the amazing superpowers of Animal Zooper Heroes
Surf Asylum Surf Camp / Fernandina Beach
Surf Asylum’s week long summer surf camps are fun, action packed surfing adventures. Professional surf coaches start with basic instruction on handling a surfboard, effective paddling techniques, proper positioning for catching waves, correct pop up and stance, and ultimately riding down the line. Beach warm-up and stretch, land based training techniques and lessons on beach ecology round out the day. Students are encouraged to progress at their own pace and will receive tailored coaching to match their skill level. Our goal is to have students selecting and paddling into their own waves so that they can surf independently after a week of camp.
Camps are held Monday – Friday, from 9 am – 12pm. Locations are indicated on the camp schedule and are selected to provide the best tide conditions, allowing us to maximize students’ surfing time each week. We celebrate everyone’s success with an ice cream party on Friday.
Surf Camp is $225 per week. Surf Asylum provides surfboards, rashguards, healthy snacks and fun. Students should bring swimwear, sunscreen, a towel and a smile.
All instructors are First Aid and CPR certified and we guarantee a 3-1 student to instructor ratio.
Book your camp today! 904-583-4230, email@example.com
SUMMER 2015 CAMP SCHEDULE
|Week 1||May 25th – May 29th||Peter’s Point|
|Week 2||June 1st – June 5th||Main Beach|
|Week 3||June 8th – June 12th||Peter’s Point|
|Week 4||June 15th – June 19th||Main Beach|
|Week 5||June 22nd – June 26th||Peter’s Point|
|Week 6||June 29th – July 3rd||Main Beach|
|Week 7||July 6th – July 10th||Peter’s Point|
|Week 8||July 13th – July 17th||Main Beach|
|Week 9||July 20th – July 24th||Main Beach|
|Week 10||July 27th – July 31st||Main Beach|
|Week 11||Aug 3rd – Aug 7th||Main Beach|
* Full payment due at time of booking.
* 50% refund with a one week notice. No refunds the week before or during camp.