Mamamelia is a website that loves all its daddy and mommy readers (and grandparents, aunts, uncles, etc.!), but in the spirit of cheering on all those hard-working, selfless mamas out there, we’re going to start offering occasional articles to help moms squeeze in a little “me time,” too!
For our first installment, we asked local mom and Avon rep. Carmen Kohler to share some tips to help busy moms look fabulous even when they have just minutes to spare. Thanks for the great advice, Carmen! – Mamamelia
By Carmen Kohler
There aren’t enough hours in the day for today’s busy mom. But in the time it takes you to change your child’s diaper, you can have a well-put-together look before heading out the door. Here are some quick and easy tips to follow without breaking the bank.
1) Make sure you use a good cleanser and moisturizer. When cleansing, use the tips of your fingers and never a washcloth. Washcloths can hold bacteria and detergent even if laundered in hot water. Apply moisturizer sparingly with a gentle massage. I would recommend starting a daily regimen to improve skin tone and fight signs of aging. I use ANEW Rejuvenate, one of Avon’s age specific skin care lines.
2) Who has time to meticulously apply foundation? I know I don’t. I use a compact pressed powder. It’s an easy way to get a healthy look without spending a lot of time. Apply on your nose, chin, forehead and cheeks. Try to find a shade that matches or is slightly darker than your natural skin tone. Going too light makes you look washed out. I like natural make-up so I use Avon’s Smooth Minerals pressed powder foundation. It goes on like a powder but provides complete coverage.
3) For a quick pop of color to my eyelids, I’ve been using a new product. It’s an eye shadow that comes in a tube. Application is very easy and quick. Go with tones that enhance your eye color.
- For blue eyes use shades of brown, grey, taupe, purple, camel and violet.
- For green/hazel eyes use plum, mauve, pink, purple, dark grey, charcoals and browns.
- For brown eyes use different tones of brown, golden brown, bronze, grey, copper, pink and rich apricot.
Remember to use darker colors on your lid and lighter shades under your eyebrows. Avon’s Glazewear Diamonds Eye color is quick and easy to use. Finish off with a sweep of mascara and your eyes are ready to go. Many of my customers like Avon’s Super Shock Max Mascara. It’s light and doesn’t clump.
4) To complete your look, use a dab of light lip gloss. Find a product that stays on while moisturizing your lips. Avon’s Extralasting lip gloss offers a perfect pout for 8 hrs of sensual shine. Having a family and little time doesn’t mean neglecting yourself. Just a few of these steps will have you looking better and feeling more confident about yourself too.
About our Guest Writer:
Carmen has been living in Fernandina Beach since 2002 with her husband, daughter and two boston terriers. She enjoys helping people save money while looking their best. You can contact Carmen and learn more about Avon at www.facebook.com/CarmensAvonBeautyAndMore, or call her at 904-982-9056.