My son and I love to make these adorable “Bacon and Eggs” treats around April Fools’ Day every year.
They’re simple to make, and there are lots of ways to get kids cooking with you with this recipe. I let my son line up the pretzels on the waxed paper, and it’s his job to drop an M&M into the middle of each glob of white chocolate. Sorting the M&Ms to find all the yellows is also a great “teachable moment” for a toddler just beginning to understand the grouping concept.
These snacks are always a hit at kids’ parties, because they’re just as delicious as they are cute!
“Bacon and Eggs”
Ingredients and Supplies:
One large sheet of waxed paper
1 cup white melting chocolate discs or white chocolate chips
24 yellow M&Ms
1) Lay your sheet of waxed paper on a flat surface, preferably on top of a cookie sheet so you can move it if you need to.
2) Line up the pretzels in side-by-side pairs on the waxed paper.
3) Melt chocolate, following package directions. We typically melt in the microwave at 50% power, stirring every 30 seconds until smooth.
4) Drop about a teaspoonful of white chocolate over every pair of pretzels.
5) Place an M&M in the center of each white chocolate glob.
6) Cool and enjoy! Store in an airtight container.
Yield: 2 dozen. (Of course this recipe can be doubled, tripled, or more… and often is in our house!)
Do you know a fun recipe that’s perfect for kids? Tell us about it! You and your recipe could be featured on Mamamelia.com! Email us at email@example.com.