Attention Shoppers! Kohls, TJ Maxx and Ross Dress for Less Now Open in Yulee.

Villages of Amelia is bringing TJ Maxx, Kohls and Ross Dress for Less to Yulee

Next Christmas, I know where I’ll be shopping for kids’ clothes and toys: Right in Yulee, where Kohls, TJ Maxx and Ross Dress for Less are now open.

They’re all a part of the Villages of Amelia Island, a shopping center being built at the intersection of Chester Road and State Road 200, across from the Target-Home Depot shopping center. The new shopping hub also has a Publix and up to 12 other spaces that will be leased to yet-to-be-named stores and restaurants. There are outparcels available for future businesses, too.

Property Manager Paul Thomas told me when Sleiman Enterprises entered final talks with Ross Dress for Less, but it appears we have to wait to find out what’s next.

Thomas said there are no official restaurant committments yet, which is typical. But he said the large chain restaurants usually “flock” to these shopping centers once the anchor stores are up and running. Some “family operators” have already started discussing possibilities for those spots between Publix and Kohls, he added.

The shopping center is eventually expected to expand into what developer Sleiman Enterprises calls “Phase II” of the project, which will presumably bring more stores and restaurants to town.

Print Friendly
Share this through Facebook, Twitter or Email:
Facebook Twitter Email

Comments

1. Meghna Patel says:

Kohls is already open

2. Tiffany says:

Thanks, Meghna! I posted this in December and needed to update it.

3. Aaron says:

I’m commenting on behalf of Google Maps. Has the Ross Dress for Less opened as of today? Within two weeks? Thanks for your help!

4. Tiffany says:

No, Aaron, there is nothing but a frame up right now. The last I heard, Ross was expected to open in July. I’ll definitely update this post when I find out more.

5. Renee says:

Any new updates on when Ross will open??

• Tiffany says:

Hi, Renee. I just got a hold of the developers, and unfortunately we still have a bit of a wait. The new target opening date for Ross is March 2013. They couldn’t tell me any of the other upcoming tenants for the shopping plaza due to confidentiality while negotiations are worked out, but they told me we definitely won’t be disappointed. Can’t wait to find out more!

6. Connie says:

I wish we could find out what stores are coming, I would like to apply for jobs but it seems the stores opens with employees and I hear nothing in when to apply for jobs. Any thoughts??

• Tiffany says:

Connie, I know Kohls had ads on the Internet for its job openings and also listed job offerings in the News-Leader before it opened, so hopefully Ross will do the same. It may be worthwhile to see if the Ross website has a job board as its opening draws closer. As soon as I find out any other incoming stores, I’ll be sure to update this post!